Autonomy

www.autonomy.com

Nightmare - stay away

ProsSome great technology and a few decent people have hung on and are to be commended for their perserverance. HP, if it sees it through, will create better possibilities but it will be a while to figure out how to do this - I wish them luck.

ConsAbsolutely the worst possible management culture imaginable; from top (mostly gone - and rightully so as the news will bear out) to bottom. Managers are used to lying to employees to get deals done with favored reps. Salesfolk hired for their rolodexes - once this is exhausted and they figure out they are selling questionable products/support and are jeopardizing their relationships and integrity (about 3-6 months in), they quit. Extremely caustic treatment and outright boldface lying to the very people who interface with the customer so customer satisfaction low and reputation shot. HP stuck trying to unwind this nettle of lies which is a shame because the people who represented some very fine products deserved better - but that wasn't the goal of Mike Lynch and company, was it?

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace all levels of legacy Autonomy management and issue a public statement to existing customers that you will be in touch to introduce the HP way of doing of doing business; the customer-centric way. All should be removed to rid the culture of the toxic treatment of the customers and employees.

Run a mile

Sales Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros: HP were able to break-up the kangaroo court that ran… Cons: Products only ever worked with considerable pro services. Management tried to rule through intimidation. Questionable ethics on contract… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to HP is to remove any senior sales management who have been in their roles for more than 3 years. Get a decent CRM… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Bill Hewlett is probably spinning in his grave.

Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Emea (Indonesia)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good salary Some very nice people Good Christmas parties Cons: Old school aggressive sales flogging tired tech that gets buggier and less stable… Advice to Senior Management: Hold your hands up and admit you're out your depth… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!