Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Cambridge, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

great buzz. very fast paced. very rewarding, but not for the feint-hearted

Senior Vice President Customer Account Support (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Proschange itself.... great buzz and very fast paced while very rewarding. Get to work on integrating, supporting and selling award winning new solutions year after year for the biggest best customers in the world. This is a company that rocks and has rocked since start-up (I’ve been here for 10 years so I’m biased I admit).

Conschange itself (depending on your character type), the great paradox about people is that they’re creatures of habit, but when habits become ingrained people go stale like old socks... evidenced by disinterest and a moaning complaining attitude. What people need is ‘change’ to stay interested, motivated and engaged, but not everyone thrives on ‘change’ because they fear its consequences. So best and the worst things about Autonomy is ‘change itself’ because It’s a constantly changing environment. Lots of people love it but those who fear change hate it and tend to spend their time moaning complaining about it. I’m not saying everything is great… don’t get me wrong, but the benefits of change far outweigh the negatives.

Advice to Senior Managementwe do need to keep recruiting the good people and get rid of the complainers who hate change. Lots more communication of what has changed and what’s going to change would help beyond just the quarterly or so briefings.

A Unique Culture, Know What You're Getting Yourself Into

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: SUMMARY: Autonomy is a highly rewarding work environment for those who are willing to work extremely hard, and as others have said, be willing to… Cons: THE BAD: Autonomy does not have a culture of empowerment -- all instructions and most decisions are made at the very top. Even seemingly… Advice to Senior Management: My primary advice is to place more trust and responsibility in the hands of the employees -- truly invest in your people. This will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Calgary office is a sweatshop

Technical Support Specialist (Europe) (Former Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros: -You'll have the chance to work with unique technology, Enterprise Search, E-Discovery, Call Centre Management Software, E-Mail Archiving and … Cons: -There is no PMO or SDLC in place, no agile or waterfall, software is developed and released with poor planning. The customer base is unhappy… Advice to Senior Management: You are not running a startup, it is time to change your management practices and stop the micro managing style. The best asset in Autonomy is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.