Autonomy
www.autonomy.com Cambridge, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

The most thankless workplace imaginable

Account Executive (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Autonomy

ProsThe view from the San Francisco office. Free lunch on Fridays is also ok.

ConsAll strategic decisions are made by a small group of people in th UK and never shared with the rest of the company. There is no such thing as a pay raise, with employees promised "discretionary" bonuses that are only delivered after threats to quit. Sales people have to adhere to stringent help generating new leads. Existing customers are generally very unhappy and instead of fixing the technology, the strategy seems to be to put a band-aid on at each customer issue with promises of longer-term fixes that never seem to materialize.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people outside the inner circle to make decisions. Stop using fear to motivate employees. Focus on creating a consistent installation process to increase the customer satisfaction.

Do not work here if you have any shred of self respect as a software developer.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: Profitable company Decent salaries if you are a recent CS graduate from a Top 50 school and have GPA over 3.5 (not kidding, that's a mandatory… Cons: Profitable company that benefits upper management and barely impacts anyone under middle management There are no raises, no performance review, no feedback, no career plan and… Advice to Senior Management: Have respect for people and domain expertise. Just because you have a PhD doesn't mean you can write code. Regular performance reviews and salary adjustments (at least… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The single worst working environment I've ever experienced as a developer

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros: You can get a lunchtime meal for free each day. The company takes employees abroad for the Christmas… Cons: Autonomy is a marketing and sales company masquerading as a software company. There is no such thing as software development at Autonomy; only fixing… Advice to Senior Management: As far as I know management doesn't exist, only the voice of our exalted high commander. Unfortunately, there has been a complete lack of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autonomy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autonomy CEO Robert Youngjohns. All reviews posted anonymously by Autonomy employees.