Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

www.auxilium.com

Great company to work for!

Medical Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

ProsThe management is great. They say you don't quit your job, you quit your boss. My manager is an excellent person who I not only consider my boss, but he's also my mentor and my friend. I have an excellent opportunity for career growth and the company really encourages you to constantly educate yourself. The salary and incentive compensation can not only be considered fair, but they are very competitive. The benefits are great. Great insurance, company car, and corporate expense account. It is a very competitive work environment. You are rewarded and compensated for your hard work! Great place to work.

ConsThe 401k plan is not very good. They don't match much of what you decide to invest. The entire work day is spent traveling in a car (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you are tired of office life). This can get lonely sometimes. It seems like lately I have been been listening to a lot of talk radio during the day to keep me occupied in the car. Since this is a "sales" position, there can be constant rejection from the doctors that you are speaking with. Also, this industry is volatile because it is based not simply on the success of the company, but also the political landscape and the insurance industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. Since you don't live near your manager, and you don't work in an office, effecient communication is only done via electronic means. But other than that, my senior manager is one of the best managers that I have ever had. Honestly. The management in this company (from my experience) are competent, and genuine people. Take that comment with a grain of salt because I have only met roughly 10 members of management.

upper management

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros: The company has its pros. Good job. Safe work environment. People that… Cons: Not too sure of the plans of upper management. Management… More

Worked in a technical position at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, at the Horsham manufacturing site.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros: Small company atmosphere, with great benefits. Most managers are very understanding of the need to maintain a work-life balance, making this a great place… Cons: Limited opportunities for advancement. Employees are expected to perform at the job levels above them for several… Advice to Senior Management: "Pay for Performance" corporate objective should be applied to all positions throughout the company, and across sites. While the Values at Work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Auxilium Pharmaceuticals.

Worked for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!