Avery Dennison
www.averydennison.com Pasadena, CA 5000+ Employees

Backward management, slow motion train wreck

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA (US)

I worked at Avery Dennison full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe rank and file employees that are currently there generally love the company and put forth 100% effort.

ConsThe Executive team is seriously old-school, with backward views on brand management and human resources. The company has recently dissolved it's corporate research center, is sustainability group and its corporate communications group. The CEO is trying to sell off the company piece by piece.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead some contemporary management books, i.e., Good to Great. Avery Dennison fits squarely within the parameters of companies bound for failure, which is sad.

This company has an exciting and engaged workforce

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Mentor, OH (US)

I worked at Avery Dennison full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company embraces change, very focused on lean manufacturing improvements. Cons: Inconsistant results due to marketing weakness. Advice to Senior Management: The strategic focus appears to be missing. The inconsistant results… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good values, continuing leadership change slows progress

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC (US)

I have been working at Avery Dennison full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company values. Good benefits. Good people. Cons: RBIS does not invest in employees like other divisions. Frequent… Advice to Senior Management: Promote talent from within. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Avery Dennison.

Worked for Avery Dennison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avery Dennison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avery Dennison CEO Dean A. Scarborough. All reviews posted anonymously by Avery Dennison employees.