Avis Budget Group

www.avisbudgetgroup.com

Poor managed company -semi stressful

RSA (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsCan be a easy job on a slower day but turn to a extreme headache in the matter of minutes. Great selection of cars and pretty relaxed atmosphere for the most part. Pay is ok with a commission based hourly pay.

ConsUpper management has no contact with its employees and pretty much ignores them. I rarely see any of them. Middle management is overworked and over-stressed and really doesnt care because no resolution to any problem will get solved. Very slim chance of advancement at my location. RSA's (Rental Sales) have applied over and over only to get led on and shot down. Some being there years and plenty of experience. Its who is kissing ass and the most of it. Everything is based on senority. If you are new, then you get screwed after your 90 days are up. Your schedule is now the worst. You work all holidays. You want vacation? You better hope nobody above you already took those days. Pay is a tiered so if you sell something and bring in that commission then you can lose that money with the next rental that doesnt want anything. Very Unfair and legal stealing from their own employees. Management can move those tiers to where they see fit for your location. Ive seen a steady decline in commission since Ive been there with little change in sales on my part. Most people have lost all hope in going anywhere in the company and are just there to collect a paycheck of somekind. Alot of shifty thieving older employees that get turned the blind eye to when caught doing something they arent suppose to. Swept under the rug. Ive heard other locations make great money just not this one. If you apply online through the website, you may hear something back in 4-6 months. Even if your a current employee. You can apply within but unless management likes you, your not getting anywhere. People come and go soo much its hard to keep track of names.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with your employees and tell them whats going on in the business. Come out from your little offices and maybe get to know some people and watch and learn to whats going on. Not by posting a memo on a board hoping everyone will read it. Stop stealing their paycheck!!! If they sell for you then reward them, not dip into their own pockets.

Not bad

Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: its under union in Canada so they can't really fire… Cons: Commission structure is not as good as it should be. Advice to Senior Management: nothing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It was great while it lasted

I have been working at Avis Budget Group for more than 10 years

Pros: The fleet of cars are nice. When they do have cars in the building it… Cons: Management have become way to cut throat. All they want are results and nothing more. The great environment we had before at work is gone.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Avis Budget Group.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!