www.bbt.com
  www.bbt.com
There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

BB&T

Former Employee - FInancial Center Leader III in Richmond, VA (US)
Former Employee - FInancial Center Leader III in Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Company inself is solid, with the bottom line always a focus.

Cons

The Central Virginia Leadership is comprised of the same type of person, gender, and age. There is no diversity and no decision making ability by the Area Managers.

Look for new and fresh ideas, outside your region on how to conduct business. Lead through inspiration.

548 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Poor company culture

Current Employee - Curriculum Designer in Winston-Salem, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Curriculum Designer in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are few, really good people that work there. Plus, the pay was pretty good.

Cons

The companies culture sucks! Way too beaucratic, and even childish at times. Everyone wants to tell you how to do your job even though they have no clue. Very old school, "thou shalt do what I say because I say so" metality of doing business. My personal experience included micromanaging, which I hate!

Get with the times. Employees are not slaves. Most of us are very smart in our own area and work very hard. Give your employees more freedom and let us do our job.

I you are a robot and insensitive to bizzare behavior from supervisor and branch leader, then this job is for you.

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The health benefits were a little above average, and the cost could be reduced by adopting a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Banking by the book. Fee income was stressed. Not possible to give a little to a regular, long term customer in the way of waived fees. Immediate supervisor had a mental problem that management overlooked or was not aware of, making the job very stressful. Manager not a true Banker, a glorified sales person whose only job was to generate loans and new deposits. There was no consultative banking being practiced at this location.

Hire people that understand the banking industry and are not just salespeople.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T