BJ's Restaurants

Just another restaurant job

Server (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants

ProsBJ's has pretty good food and excellent beer. It is open late, and my location was always busy. This translates into lots of opportunities to make $$$.

ConsJob satisfaction is directly correlated with management. I worked with awesome managers and loved my job, and bad managers who made work hell. BJ's transfers managers all the time which makes employees have to adapt to new rules and preferences.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep managers in locations longer to build rapport with employees/guests.

One of the best places to serve

Server (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at BJ's Restaurants

Pros: Really great environment. Like all restaurants, it depends on the other employees that you work with. If you have good chemistry with other people and… Cons: Sometimes you do have to work long hours, despite one of the easiest place to work… Advice to Senior Management: Prepare and lead by example. My GM at the Pearland location could talk the talk, but when it came… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I don't recommend it.

Server (Current Employee)

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants

Pros: Hotschedules Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day For me, getting requested days off… Cons: BJ's is rapidly expanding and the ones who dictate how you do your job are corporate and mostly concerned about profits, they are not people… Advice to Senior Management: None. They just do what the big guys tell… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BJ's Restaurants.

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BJ's Restaurants reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BJ's Restaurants CEO Greg Trojan. All reviews posted anonymously by BJ's Restaurants employees.