There are newer employer reviews for BMO Harris Bank N.A.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Service Representative in Barrington, IL (US)
Current Employee - Service Representative in Barrington, IL (US)

I have been working at BMO Harris Bank N.A. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to understand products, sales goals are attainable, flexible schedule with managers, laid back atmosphere, community bank feel, customer oriented, customer appreciation days, well established bank, appropriate dress code

Cons

Dated technology, slow response time from other departments, lack of communication, slow systems, old practices, not everything is "streamlined" which could make things easier to have everything in one system.

Communication is key! Always keep your staffed informed of every detail of what is going on. Management needs to be aware of people who might have missed a meeting or a discussion that could really benefit from a follow up one-on-one.

144 Other Employee Reviews for BMO Harris Bank N.A. (View Most Recent)

Good while it was M&I; Bad with BMO

Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Brookfield, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Brookfield, WI (US)

I worked at BMO Harris Bank N.A. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was my first job out of college, and I was able to learn a lot.

Cons

It was and became a data entry job, where I had no input on what happened with the credits I worked on. Trying to get a internal job postings, was a pipe dream there, and I gave up trying after 6 or 7 attempts. The HR people want the exact job qualifications if you're a internal candadaite but external applicants didn't even need accounting degrees or the experience to over come the lack of degree for a analyst job. If you were able to secure a internal posting within BMO they never gave you fair market value for your new salary (2.5-5% if you're lucky). My advice is to get in and get a job there and once you have the experience leave and get a 30% raise at a new bank.

Learn to keep employees happy through lowering internal standards for hiring and pay your internal hires what they're worth. Make the analyst job require them to do actual analysis, and not just data entry.

A good company for a job, NOT a career

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Shawnee, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Shawnee, KS (US)

I worked at BMO Harris Bank N.A. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company's compensation & benefits are great and above market average. The company believes in diversity so you get to work with all walks of the life.

Cons

Management is focus more on quaintly rather than quality. The communication between branch employees and management is terrible. Everything has shifted from relationship building to an aggressive sales culture. The company believes in "product pushing" and offering services/products to customers who may not need them. The turnover lately has been high in the last couple of months Also, don't let anything happen in your life because you simply management doesn't care.

Listen to branch employees and show some type of interest. Quit looking at numbers and focus on progress.

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Harris Bank N.A.