BNP Paribas
www.bnpparibas.com Paris, France 5000+ Employees

Spring Internship

Spring Intern (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at BNP Paribas as an intern for less than a year

Pros- One of the world's biggest banks and a pioneer of financial innovation.
- Strong within structuring, syndicates, and derivatives.
- Global presence allows the bank to leverage local knowledge around the world.
- Great mobility schemes across both divisions and locations.
- Truly allows you to take on what you feel you are capable of, and provides great mentoring and training throughout your career which allows young professionals to have quick career advancement.

Cons- The HR group seemed a bit unorganized and there was lack of communications between the interns and the company, especially in relations to the fast-track program for successful spring interns.
- An average IB salary and bonuses.
- Not too much prestige unless you work within derivatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your interns (including spring interns) with more respect. The lack of communication and professionalism gave me a poor impression of the bank as a whole.

Good for personal life but no career path

I have been working at BNP Paribas full-time

Pros: - good personal life balance - good values regarding team work Cons: - not a meritocracy - weak management at all levels (a recent internal poll showed that more than… Advice to Senior Management: Review all current management practice, publish a real business plan instead of acting the same way… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stable group that offers mobility opportunities, but mediocre compensation

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Tai Hong Tsuen (Hong Kong)

I have been working at BNP Paribas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Internal mobility Stability of employment Respect for work/life balance Cons: Mediocre compensation Too much red tape Office politics Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on BNP Paribas.

Worked for BNP Paribas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNP Paribas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BNP Paribas CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé. All reviews posted anonymously by BNP Paribas employees.