There are newer employer reviews for BT

Restructure Needed

Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional  in  Newark, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional in Newark, NJ (US)

I have been working at BT

Pros

Company has a great mission, cutting edge portfolio of services. Really has the potential to rocket> The leadership team is smart and savy and they truly have a great customer base and great front line employees.

Cons

Haven't invested enough in frontline support to make sure that we are offering quality of service, Haven't offered raises in 3 years. Each division works as it's own separate entitiy duplicating efforts or worse sabotaging efforts of other sales team. Even though GLT is great, Middle Management is not. There is too much politics and not enough action.

Focus on combining teams and groups to really understand the economy of scale and services that could be delivered. As a company BT is bleeding money as they are trying to compensate too many sales team. sales leaders etc on small deals

335 Other Employee Reviews for BT (View Most Recent)

British Telecom ( The Phone book )

Former Employee - Senior Sales Professional  in  Newcastle, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Professional in Newcastle, England (UK)

I worked at BT

Pros

Working for BT as a senior sales professional involved a lot of dedication and hard work the company paid well and offered advancement my last manager turned out to be the best over a 5 year period I saw a lot of staff and management come and go.

Visiting the clients and not being micro managed was the best part of the job hitting the targets made it all worthwhile however getting yout bonus paid out was another thing all together!!

Im glad I worked with BT it is a great thing to have on your resume ...........

If you want to work for a big corporate machine with full benefits then this is your oppertunity !

Cons

In the sales division getting your bonus/commission paid out on time or ever is the downside to working for BT if's and butts are candy nutts ...........

I have seen a lot of the senior management come and go, corporate business is fast paced, sometimes when change is for validation of your salary its all about YOU, YOU, YOU !

Good then very Bad

Former Employee - Network Tech  in  Princeton, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Network Tech in Princeton, NJ (US)

I worked at BT

Pros

I learned a lot a BT. It was a good starting point in a career in IT. Everyone was also very easy to get a long with.

Cons

After some time working there they figured you've worked there long enough to know everything so from then on there was no help with any new projects that came up. They also gave people no time off because there was no one that could cover their time, so people would be mad at each other. Work was also non-stop from the second I walked into the door to about 30 mins after when I was supposed to have already left.

Go to upper management to tell them that people are very unhappy. Tell them that people are burnt out from dealing with a million things all at once.

There are newer employer reviews for BT

Worked for BT? Contribute to the Community!