Baker Distributing
www.bakerdist.com Jacksonville, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work

Service Center Manager (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Baker Distributing

ProsEasy computer system to learn and very good product line offering. Great customer retention also with great marketing backup. And great overall communication.

ConsCentral ordering through a distribution center by people who have no idea what your local stock levels should be. Limit of $250 for branch managers to buy goods without going through a buyer.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow branch managers more of a say in what their branch stocks and the levels of inventory. Also split up the larger zones into smaller ones.

each department is different

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Baker Distributing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: some managers were open to change others were not Cons: our manager played good cop bad cop constantly Advice to Senior Management: Stop playing favorites, listen to staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Baker Dist. is a good HVAC wholesale supply house that has branches and sister companies all over the country.

Territory Sales (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Baker Distributing full-time for more than a year

Pros: I have enjoyed the freedom of my outside sales position in the… Cons: At times it feels like Baker is just too big. It can take a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Baker Distributing.

Worked for Baker Distributing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Distributing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baker Distributing CEO Carole J. Poindexter. All reviews posted anonymously by Baker Distributing employees.