Baker Distributing

www.bakerdist.com

Great place to work

Service Center Manager (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsEasy computer system to learn and very good product line offering. Great customer retention also with great marketing backup. And great overall communication.

ConsCentral ordering through a distribution center by people who have no idea what your local stock levels should be. Limit of $250 for branch managers to buy goods without going through a buyer.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow branch managers more of a say in what their branch stocks and the levels of inventory. Also split up the larger zones into smaller ones.

Going,Going,Goooooooone

Service Center Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Baker Distributing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: It's was a job.......It used to be much better people… Cons: Too many chiefs and not enough indians. This company is prime example of what happens when… Advice to Senior Management: Keep your experienced guys not your book smart people. Get rid of ALL of the VP Friends Club in Jacksonville and put people that have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I Use to love working Baker, not so much now.

COUNTER SALES (Current Employee)

I have been working at Baker Distributing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pay and benefits are OK. Cons: They are turning the company in to telemarketers, and we… Advice to Senior Management: Employees are sick of sales, sales , sales everyday. Customers do not want us calling them everyday with new specials. We do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Baker Distributing.

Worked for Baker Distributing? Contribute to the Community!