There are newer employer reviews for Ball Corporation

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO (US)

I have been working at Ball Corporation

Pros

Many people are long-term (career) employees. They know the company, they are committed to doing a good job, and they work hard. They care about the company and its successes. This is one of the few remaining places where many people work their entire careers.
Ball provides very good benefits for their employees. It emphasizes health and savings for the future. Health care options are reasonable and broad enough to accommodate different needs. Ball pays a significant part of the costs.
Ball still provides a pension plan in addition to 401(k), including match. There is no fixed number of sick days, and my experience is that people do not abuse this. After 5 consecutive days, short-term disability kicks in.

Cons

Long-term employment can engender the "we've always done it this way" mentality. Change is difficult.
Management deficiencies are not addressed in a timely manner. Departments founder while senior management looks the other way.
Growth by acquisition with no defined process for integration has made Ball a corporation of individual entities. There are no common processes, which causes inefficiencies and engenders errors. Each manufacturing plant works differently. None wants to change. There is no standardization, which means there is no common ground and no basis for comparison. Power plays abound.
Old school reigns. Technology is resisted. Attracting and retaining younger, motivated employees is a problem

Review HR exit interviews -scuttlebutt is they are stuck in a folder and never looked at. Ask HR about the feedback they're getting - and tell them you want the truth. Ask for information from line employees. Review departmental managements' claims. Dig into the details. Look at department trends - turnover, promotions, organization (regular reorganizing, levels of management, direct report numbers). Don't believe the spin.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Ball Corporation (View Most Recent)

Excellent pay, and respect for upper management

Former Employee - Engineering
    Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at Ball Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was very respectable, as well as the company focused on continuing to invest in it's employees. I've gotten the change to speak with Balls CEO John Hayes while working there, and his attitude about the company, as well as focus as a company is a place I want to be.

Cons

As with most companies, there's a disconnect between corporate and plants, which creates problems when trying to improve the company.

Great learning experience.

Former Employee - Production Tech in Golden, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Production Tech in Golden, CO (US)

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gave me a good opportunity to transition from active duty Air Force,, great leadership and company values

Cons

Worked with many high tenure people whom di not understand my roll in the military.

Nothing to speak of.