Your Mileage May Vary

Former Employee - Tech Analyst  in  New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Tech Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Banc of America Securities

Pros

Some great and talented people work here
Salary is good

Cons

Offices other than the BOAT [Bank of America Tower] are pretty mediocre

Everything depends on your immediate and one level up manager, if they aren't appreciate of their workers, don't expect any recognition.....at all

Stop bringing in outsiders to run the company, grow talent from within, seriously, you have some really gifted people in mediocre mid management roles, seek them out!

Other Reviews for Banc of America Securities

Banc of America Securities

Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst

I worked at Banc of America Securities

Pros

The Leveraged Finance group provided me with a rigorous and challenging experience. I learned a lot, and made some very good friends (at the analyst and at the associate level). Coming out of the analyst program, I had a solid fundamental understanding of finance and the debt side of the capital markets.

Cons

Compared to friends at Morgan Stanley, Wachovia, etc., I had to be VERY secretive when I was exploring new jobs in private equity. My friends at the aforementioned firms did not - in fact, their firms offered WORKSHOPS for PE interviews (including question answering, model workshops, case study workshops, etc.). We had no such thing, and on top of that I felt like I had to be ridiculous shady about interviewing for fear of getting fired (we were mid layoffs). In the end, I however, I could confide in colleagues with whom I was close and it all worked out, but it was pretty disconcerting to have to be so secretive.

Be clearer with employees about plans for the future and changes happening to the group. Also, the review process was flawed - my comments wouldn't necessarily match my "score," and it was absurd when my friends and I would compare our reviews; it was like they literally just changed the name on the review.

Good

I worked at Banc of America Securities

Pros

I really enjoyed the people I worked with. The analytical skills taught were exceptional in addition to client time. I would work there again.

Cons

Not enough exposure to clients

Involve people below senior level management more exposure to clientele and have them involved in the winning business process rather than solely execution.

There are newer employer reviews for Banc of America Securities.

Worked for Banc of America Securities? Contribute to the Community!