Banc of America Securities

www.bofasecurities.com

Slow deal flow, lots of hours, but excellent learning curve.

Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsBofA had an excellent investment banking analyst training course. The learning curve of an investment banking analyst cannot be beat, although this is true of almost any investment bank. Benefits and bonus seemed fair, given I was toward the top. Although deal flow was slow, the deals I did work on were also extremely educational.

ConsHours, hours, hours wasted on pitches that were never technically scheduled! Also many hours spent in the office simply because that was what was expected, but did not seem necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not mind working hard, but I like to see some results from the effort. I also felt there were definitely times when managers required the analyst to be at the office simply for the sake of being in the office.

Worked at BofA during the financial turmoil of 2008, as an analyst

Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

I worked at Banc of America Securities

Pros: - comparable to other financial institutions in analyst pay and… Cons: - hired way too many analysts than were jobs available - did not communicate warnings, or information about analyst career oppportunities and where the… Advice to Senior Management: - communicate better with MDs More

Your Mileage May Vary

Tech Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

I worked at Banc of America Securities

Pros: Some great and talented people work here Salary is good Cons: Offices other than the BOAT [Bank of America Tower] are pretty mediocre Everything depends on your immediate… Advice to Senior Management: Stop bringing in outsiders to run the company, grow talent from within, seriously,… More
There are newer reviews on Banc of America Securities.

Worked for Banc of America Securities? Contribute to the Community!