There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

none

Current Employee - Small Business Banker in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
Current Employee - Small Business Banker in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

professionalism, opportunity, job growth, recognition, prestige

Cons

tough to change lines of business, strict 12 month rule for changing position, no stock options

Advice to Management

stock options for employees, better health benefits,

reviews filtered by
  1. it is not bad

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

I have access to some financial knowledge, people there are willing to help. I love the culture and work there.

Cons

There could be some bottleneck of promotion. But this is varies from person to person. In general it is not bad

2. Good place to work while in College, but has it's downs.

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

I think that management is good at communication with employees and helping as needed. I like how my schedule can be done to fit my college classes as well. The job itself is not hard, the pay is good for the position, and the benefits are great for part-time.

Cons

I do not want to to sound negative, but there are some things that really bug me about this company. First off, I dislike how management tries to "brainwash" it's employees. An example would be the very controversial $5 debit card fee. When it was released that we will be charging, management said that it was a great deal for customers because it is a "service" that we are providing, and they encouraged us to tell customers that. After the amount of heat BOF got, and they took it away, management didn't think it was such a good idea anymore. Point here is that they try to make it seem as everything is gold, and it isn't.
    Also, at least at my branch, they are putting a LOT of emphasis on referrals. I am a very fast teller, I consider myself to have great customer services skills, and I am efficient, being always on balance. Trying to do referrals can be stressful because many customers do not want any more services that what they currently have, so getting a credit card, or a checking account and saving everyday is difficult. Part time only need 2 referrals a day, but that won't do. We need at least 4 referrals, or else, supervisors and such won't be happy. But my branch is not easy, so maybe this does not happen everywhere.

Advice to Management

Yes, referrals are important, but so is being good at what a teller's primary job function is, which is handling money and transaction efficiently, and have great customer service. Also, open your eyes. We know that you do not like or agree with every decision the company makes, so do not try to makes us think you do.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America