Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Great bank to work for

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Columbia, SC (US)
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Columbia, SC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay. Makes the hard work worth it.

Cons

Can be a bit pushy on non issue stuff

7140 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Smart, dedicated people, size has both pros and cons

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

I worked in Capital Markets Technology in New York, due to size & breadth of company, you can gain exposure and access to SME's across fixed income, equities, rates, etc. Also, there is a top-notch initiative with senior management buy-in to bring all trading & risk onto a common platform.

Cons

Huge company, sometimes this translates to redundant levels of decision making, and it can be time-consuming to find the person or group best suited to address a given issue. Internal tech support & HR sub-optimal.

The Bank of Opportunity

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

This company cares about ther employees. You truly see if from upper management(ALWAYS), middle mangement(most of the times) and lower management(sometimes). Senior leaders for a division or line of business invite top producing employees(i have experienced it a few times) for their feedback quartely/semi-annually in a private meeting and hear what's working and what they could do better. That level of exposure and geniune care is rarely seen in ANY major bank. Most larger companies, like my previous BLUE banks don't do this at all!

Cons

Like all big companies, having too many systems or too many policies, can be difficult for employees to acqure, onboard and serve our clients. We need to simplify and streamline our lending process(consumer and small busines). It will make our jobs more enjoyable, we could deliver a much better experience to our clients, and finally we could achieve the lending goals/targets senior management wants to achieve. Finally, reward clients for holistic relationship(investments, consumer, busines) all into one global relationship pricing model, not three.

Improvements in technologies/products in Global Consumer and Small Business Banking has been GREAT!! in the past year or so, it could be better on the fulfillment end. Lets focus on; lending processes on the back end, paperwork required to close a loan(Insane!!!),we need more fullfilment people wih incentive to close deals with the expectation to give counter offers on deals, NOT straight up declines. We need to make lending easy, simple and straighforward and really competative with every major financial institution (we should NEVER loose deals due to extensive process requirements, fulfillment delays or pricing on a existing client to a major competitor). I say this because our company is a GREAT company, however it could be THE most admired company to work for in the world. I believe that each and every day! :-)

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America