Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

In the area I work in, the management is very supportive and I'm really using my skills. Good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great. I feel very supported by management. I also have gotten a lot of recognition and exposure to executives. They have leveraged and developed my skill set. I have decent freedom with my time/location.

Cons

Too many meetings, lots of discussion, sometimes need people to just take ownership rather than push it away. Also need people to make good decisions rather than endlessly discuss everything as a team.

Teamwork is great, but reward those who take ownership and establish a clear decision. Also, keep up the good work of being supportive and developing your team - it creates loyalty.

7797 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Consistently challenging workplace.

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager II in Hazleton, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager II in Hazleton, PA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, ongoing training and development. Nationally recognized company with opportunities to re-locate. Technology leaders in all aspects of the business, creating a great customer and associate experience.

Cons

Constantly shifting priorities, mid-level management do not offer much support, and just execute on upper level management direction. Staffing models are not aligned with Business hours and goals. Poor reputation among local clients due to 'large bank mentality'.

A C+ company to work for....

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, pay is good, and the company does a great job of letting its; employees have an excellent work-life balance.

Cons

Training methods for new employees can be slightly overwhelming and aren't really effective. Also, they expect you to learn about three months of material in about six weeks... Banking centers don't have all the necessary tools to handle every customer request, too many call centers and too compartmentalized.

Needs to improve the way they train new banking center employees, more hands on experience less of the computer training modules,

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America