There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Not Terrible but not Great Either

Former Employee - Vice President in Wilmington, DE (US)
Former Employee - Vice President in Wilmington, DE (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are lots of benefits available to you as an employee of the company. These range from the typical healthcare benefits to banking products and other discounts.

Cons

Generally, an employee is just a number. Do not expect any significant degree of loyalty on behalf of the organization.

Treat your people more like people and less like a number and you will get a lot more out of them.

6832 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Solid company, with a lot of kinds to work out

Current Employee - Banking Center Manager III in Passaic, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Banking Center Manager III in Passaic, NJ (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits. Stability. Depending on geographic location, opportunity.

Cons

Salaries are midpack, disorganized systems in retail banking branches, constantly shifting priorities (frequently customer unfriendly), and additionally a serious product offering problem. Poor alignment of comp plan with real customer opportunities. Directionless management responsible for such ditties as the Countrywide purchase - the gift that keeps on giving.

The company always stresses "the voice of the customer" but products frequently do not match the quality our competitors' in the marketplace. Perhaps the voice of the customer and associate should be paid more than just hollow lip service.

Senior Operations Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I cannot speak on behalf of all departments within the organization. However, in my department, my Manager was very supportive of what I wanted to do with my career. My fellow Associates and I were also supportive of one another as well.

Cons

You do work with some fellow Associates who were loyal to the previous bank after a merger. Thus, making it difficult to work in the department. I either avoid them or wait until they eventually change their feelings towards the new bank.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America