There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Solid company, with a lot of kinds to work out

Current Employee - Banking Center Manager III in Passaic, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Banking Center Manager III in Passaic, NJ (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits. Stability. Depending on geographic location, opportunity.

Cons

Salaries are midpack, disorganized systems in retail banking branches, constantly shifting priorities (frequently customer unfriendly), and additionally a serious product offering problem. Poor alignment of comp plan with real customer opportunities. Directionless management responsible for such ditties as the Countrywide purchase - the gift that keeps on giving.

The company always stresses "the voice of the customer" but products frequently do not match the quality our competitors' in the marketplace. Perhaps the voice of the customer and associate should be paid more than just hollow lip service.

6768 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

So far so good

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Having moved from GWIM Lewrning to the LOB, Merrill Lynch, I have to say that so far the experience is MUCH better. Fair manager, more opportunity. Don't know about bonus or pay increases yet, but hopeful that will be much improved too!

Cons

Across the company there is no transparency in pay ranges..and believe me, the ranges are huge. Having been a manager I can tell you it's shocking the difference in pay between people doing the same job. I transferred from an area that was like the phone company....all about friends and family for promotions, pay increases and bonuses.

Be fair with all employees....we DO notice the favoritism and it is NOT motivating!!!

In the area I work in, the management is very supportive and I'm really using my skills. Good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great. I feel very supported by management. I also have gotten a lot of recognition and exposure to executives. They have leveraged and developed my skill set. I have decent freedom with my time/location.

Cons

Too many meetings, lots of discussion, sometimes need people to just take ownership rather than push it away. Also need people to make good decisions rather than endlessly discuss everything as a team.

Teamwork is great, but reward those who take ownership and establish a clear decision. Also, keep up the good work of being supportive and developing your team - it creates loyalty.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America