There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

The best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Teller  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
Current Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great company that offers endless opportunities, as well as provide assistance to help you reach your goals.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about this company.

6493 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

If I could give it zero stars I would

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

BOA Discount Program, co-workers, being in the city

Cons

Chaotic branch structure (work stations, supplies, etc.), poor management that are not proactive and set very poor examples for the rest of the staff, terrible displays of customer service. I am embarrassed to say that I worked there.

You can't have effective management if you don't effectively train them.

Highly disappointing place to work for

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager  in  West Seneca, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in West Seneca, NY (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vacation time was pro-rated and easy to request, also it was the most time allotted for an entry level position that I have ever seen. Proficiency coaches were usually willing to help with any questions and concerns. Paid sick time was a plus.

Cons

Training was usually virtual, not really a hands on experience, the management team worked more like a dysfunctional family and less like a professional and unbiased team. When having issues with my manager I was instructed by the unit leader to try to discuss the issues with the manager myself, we were discouraged from calling advice and counsel or code of ethics even if the issue was sever. Our team leader was horrible to myself as well as other people on my team and upper management did nothing about it. Also as far as the position itself was concerned, we were definitely not paid adequately for the work load under taken and my team especially had issues because our manager was more concerned with power trips and less with helping. Perhaps it would of been tolerable if I had a different manger, however because of the handling or lack there of, of my situation and situations of fellow teammates who felt compelled to quit, I have lost all respect for the corporation. Not to mention the internal processes that were a mess and made it hard to function day to day.

Do a better job of selecting managers and if you increase the workload of employees and have them doing twice the work please make sure that you give an adequate pay raise. Doing two jobs for the price of one is degrading to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!