Bank of America Middle Office Review

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Good work life balance and people

Cons

Not a lot of growth

Other Reviews for Bank of America

Ability to achieve advanced career goals.

Current Employee - Senior Business Controls Specialist  in  Richardson, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Controls Specialist in Richardson, TX (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent management, career growth opportunities, great benefits

Cons

Due to the size, there are opportunities for better communication. Also, there have been times where there hasn't been work/life balance. It is evident that both issues have been acknowledged and resolution is being attempted.

Bank of America is a great company. Please just realize and acknowledge that when the workload is too high for extended periods of time and associates have to work 60 hours plus a week for years that it will cause burn out and low job satisfaction.

Great company to work with!

Former Employee - Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist  in  Boise, ID (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Teller/Sales & Service Specialist in Boise, ID (US)

I worked at Bank of America part-time for more than a year

Pros

I started out as a Teller and I was able to move up to a Sales & Service Specialist. I loved the people that I worked with and the customers. The company offers great benefits and products. The company is also great about promoting internally. As an Army wife, it is a good company since it is easy to transfer to other states.

Cons

There were times when I felt like I was being pushed to sale products that were not a good fit for our customers. There is some downsizing in the company. A huge con for me was having to step down and go back to part-time since my position was filled where I moved. That may not always be the case, but it was a huge con for me.

Look at where the branch is located and set goals based on that. A customer may not want to drive 30 miles to deposit/ withdraw money. Also, really look at what is being referred, some numbers are made up to by tellers to make themselves look good. That not only is dishonest, but makes the other tellers that are doing their job look bad.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!