Barnes & Noble
www.barnesandnobleinc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A Company That Cares

Cafe Server (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Barnes & Noble part-time

ProsThey care about their employees. There are a lot of different retail stores to work in across the country. Every day you get the chance to talk to new people. It's a good environment and a company that will take care of you as an employee.

ConsIf you are only part time the pay isn't the highest. If you're full time you do get better pay and benefits. If you're part time it's just typical hourly pay. It is a retail job and that does mean plenty of crazy people to deal with at times as well as some different hours to work. It's not a 9-5, but it's a good job.

A great in-between work experience

Part Time Book Seller (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY (US)

I worked at Barnes & Noble part-time for less than a year

Pros: Excellent discounts, nice atmosphere (for book lovers), somewhat flexible schedule, and a… Cons: The pay is very average for a retail store, the customer base ranges from very pleasant to confrontational (as to be… Advice to Senior Management: Share more information with the associates so that they don't have to backtrack with customers who… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a bad company to work for.

Barista; Bookseller (Former Employee)
Columbia, SC (US)

I worked at Barnes & Noble part-time for more than a year

Pros: The hours, employee programs, and core values all made this a satisfying company to work for. Everyone seemed committed… Cons: Management was disconnected and often unapproachable, so you never really… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time getting to know your employees and recognizing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Barnes & Noble.

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barnes & Noble reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Barnes & Noble CEO Michael Huseby. All reviews posted anonymously by Barnes & Noble employees.