Bechtel

www.bechtel.com

Bechtel knows best

Former Employee - General Foreman Civil/Indirect  in  Malabo, Bioko Norte (Equatorial Guinea)
Former Employee - General Foreman Civil/Indirect in Malabo, Bioko Norte (Equatorial Guinea)

Pros

You are given a chance to show your best ability in performing your duties and responsibilities.

Cons

There is no downside in working at Bechtel.

Other reviews for Bechtel

I Really Really Really Hate My Job

Pros

Paycheck, going home on time, 4 weeks PTO, 6% 401k match

Cons

They force people to move all the time for no reason. They will either tell you that your job is now in the other main office, or they move the entire office 50 miles away. It is all politics, a$$ kissing, backstabbing, lying, favoritism and meaningless busywork. Bureaucracy abounds, and I still can’t figure out what half of the people do. Meetings, meetings, meetings, meetings. Lots of foreigners taking jobs away from Americans. The only reason I took the job and endured the boredom was for the short commute to Frederick, MD. I thought it was the last job I would ever need, so I will just put up with it for a few more years until I can retire. They moved the office to Reston, so I now spend 2 to 4 hours a day sitting in traffic jams to get to a job that I hate. I am trapped there by unmarketable job skills. They stick me with crappy assignments while incompetent a$$ kissers keep getting the good projects.

Focus on what people accomplish and not what time they get there or how many hours they sit in their cubicles.

Ethical, results driven organization

Pros

Strong leadership, with great history. Company is invested in the employees, and provides ample opportunity for people to gain new experiences and learn new skills.

Cons

Upward mobility can be hampered by the fact that people do not often leave the organization. This is not through any fault of their own, but rather a result of being a good place to work and therefore difficult to leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Bechtel.

Worked for Bechtel? Contribute to the Community!