There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Fine place to work, decent managers.

Former Employee - Associate in Morgantown, WV (US)
Former Employee - Associate in Morgantown, WV (US)

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clear, consistent job requirements and methods to achieve them, nice coworkers, achievable standards. There is a system in place for learning more about each section of the store and an easy-to-understand rubric for employee standards. Great discount programs.

Cons

It's menial labor, glorified. You will be able to fold towels perfectly in your sleep after a few months. My feet hurt every day and I felt myself getting dumber with every shift. If you work hard side you will learn a lot about appliances, though.

847 Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond (View Most Recent)

Poorly ran ,glorified stock job, you don't need that gym membership anymore

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time

Pros

associates are friendly that is about the only pro

Cons

Most unorganized place I have ever worked , treated like children having to ask to use the bathroom . management schedules themselves for 50 hours a week and gives employees 10. yet you expect someone who is there for only 10 hours a week to know every change that has occurred.

You can't keep good associates if you don't give them hours . Stop ordering so much stuff . there is no need to have 500 of 1 type of scale on hand . Save the store some money and sell what you have in stock. Be honest in the interview and tell people that this is a glorified stock job and nothing more. There is more to customer service than saying hi to someone and then walking away . update the store system it is 2013 better store system means quicker customer service, a cashier shouldn't have to call a mod every time a coupon gets scanned wrong .

Really bad. Not a place to build Teamwork.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Merchants at heart. They are an old school retailer. Store Managers do most of the replenishment orders. Great job on "walking the store".

Cons

Company seems to thrive on turnover. Very little attention paid to Associate culture. They really don't care for their people.

There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond