Bemis
www.bemis.com Neenah, WI 5000+ Employees

Good for getting your foot in the door, then get out.

Data Analyst (Former Employee)
Oshkosh, WI (US)

I worked at Bemis full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBenefits are pretty good. Parking is good. Lots of places to go if you need to get away for lunch (if you are allowed).

ConsNo advancement for someone who isn't related to someone already in an advanced position or if you don't have a mechanical engineering degree. HR is a joke. If you have any issues they will not be handled appropriately or quietly. Management is slow to praise but very quick to pass the buck as well as the blame. Many managers can't manage and instead of being let go or demoted they are promoted or moved to manage a different angle.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep out of your comfort zone and let go those you know can't manage. Embrace those who are true leaders and have great knowledge. Respect those below you and respond to their innovation, as you claim the company is based on innovation. Remember your hourly employees sacrifice a lot with the swing shifts they work.

Engineering

Plant Engineer (Current Employee)
Shelbyville, KY (US)

I have been working at Bemis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good overall company to work for. Cons: Company has some culture issues Advice to Senior Management: Work on Culture at certain locations Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Large company

Engineer (Current Employee)
Oshkosh, WI (US)

I have been working at Bemis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pleasant place to work Hardworking, dedicated people Revenue funneled back… Cons: Average-to-Below average hourly pay and salaries Plants & Divisions managed differently, no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bemis.

Worked for Bemis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bemis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bemis CEO Henry J. Theisen. All reviews posted anonymously by Bemis employees.