Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Good job enjoyable

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

There were great benefits here.

Cons

There were no issues at all.

6552 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Back Asswards Company from the top down

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people at the store level, mostly overqualified undergrads working part-time. The culture at the beginning seemed very positive, but this was only a facade designed by whichever consulting firm was hired to make the likable propaganda.

Cons

I'll give just one example that encompasses the way BBY handles its operations: When the POS terminals needed a RAM upgrade, they hired an outside IT contractor to come in and install the RAM on our PCs while the Geek Squad associates stood there with their hands in their pockets. The store has RAM in stock! THE STORE EVEN HAS A TEAM THAT IS PAID TO INSTALL RAM on customers' PCs! WHY HIRE AN OUTSIDE FIRM TO DO IT? Then we hear that hours are getting cut because revenue is low. Needless to say, this upgrade came years late anyway. Don't go work with this sinking ship.

Sell your shares while they're still worth something.

Overall, my experience at Best Buy was positive because of my coworkers and I was selling tech that I was interested in.

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working at Best Buy. My co-workers were fun, people were promoted regularly, and we were provided t-shirts and sweaters to wear in the winter. There was an ample amount of training, I never felt lost or confused.

Cons

The customers can be awful, especially if you are going into customer service. We were told we had to meet credit card application requirements - e.g. we were supposed to get 1 a day. This put a lot of unneeded stress on me and my coworkers.

My department was undergoing a change in team leaders, it was hectic and disorganized. I would say to make sure there is a specific manager someone on a team can go to if they have issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy