There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Fun, energetic place to work.

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Great environment, get to play with technology and see new stuff, get to work with some great people

Cons

very corporate structure, low compensation, no real meaningful development

5971 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

A very good introduction to the workforce, I would recommend to a friend

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburg, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburg, CA (US)

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good treatment by management, I felt that I was appreciated every time I walked in. Our store manager was very kind and always made sure to nurture the Best Buy Employee culture as much as possible. Best Buy makes an effort to promote a team identity which greatly benefitted both the store and its employees.

Cons

Sometimes I did start to feel a lack of motivation to continue doing my best and relied solely on my own constitution to continue it's growth.

If you want to sell more optmized packages and geek squad black tie protection, I am sure that with a little work you can train employees to sell them more efficiently.

Challenging, rewarding and fun

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am never bored. There's always work to get done. I enjoy the people and the culture of the company. I have worked for another large company (150k+ employees) and a small company (~1.5k employees) and working for Best Buy, by far, has been the greatest experience.

Cons

Current state of the business makes it difficult to feel secure in my position. Best Buy also lacks discipline in terms of staying focused on the work that's critical to the business. There are many work groups running around with their heads cut off and from my vantage point, most of the time, the work is not going to help the company with their challenges.

Get focused. Learn to lay out priorities and objectives/goals for your employees. Reduce the layers in management and the executive team. Directors should have a minimum of 5 employees. There's no reason any director shouldn't have a real "team" of people working for them. A good leader knows how to take a team and delegate responsibilities appropriately.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy