There are newer employer reviews for Biogen Idec

Current management is not good

Former Employee - Associate Director in Cambridge, MA (US)
Former Employee - Associate Director in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some outstanding people there positioned the company where it is today. Current earnings and drugs coming to market were the result of great foresight from those individuals.

Cons

Current management is taking credit for their predecessors but underperforming now. Mismanagement and a reversion to failed practices from the past don't bode well for the long run. They speak a good game but practice taking the money and I bet they will run before the floor drops.

Reverse course now. Stop your cronyism and keep good people that put Biogen where it is today

225 Other Employee Reviews for Biogen Idec (View Most Recent)

Disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zug (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zug (Switzerland)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great products for MS patients, some nice people too. Great benefits, not so great salary.

Cons

Not the 'culture' that is touted by management. Several people who work there are back-stabbers and mobbers who pull the seniority card if they are called out on it. It's not professional.
    Job requirements didn't match job description. After 3 years, 4 management changes and reduction of my department by half, I was doing the job the senior level associate was doing when I was hired with no raise or title promotion to recognize it.

Listen to your employees. All of them, not just the ones with seniority.

Fulfilling place to work

Current Employee - Global Operations/PO&T in Weston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Global Operations/PO&T in Weston, MA (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generous salary, stock options and benefits. The company has also had a recent rollout of flex work options – employees can work from home up to 3 days per week if they want. The work itself is overall fulfilling; although I am on the operations side of the business, I do feel at the end of the day the work I am doing is benefiting someone’s life and their health. I feel the senior management communicates well with employees and find our CEO and executive leadership to be humble and a ‘all hands on deck’ attitude. They truly seem to value each employee’s contributions.

Cons

Workload can be a lot at times, however the company recognizes hard work and collaboration.

Keep up with the good work. I don’t know how I will ever want to leave the company!

There are newer employer reviews for Biogen Idec