Black Hills Corporation
www.blackhillscorp.com Rapid City, SD 1000 to 5000 Employees

A committed team of professionals who strive to meet the needs of their stakeholders.

I have been working at Black Hills Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis company works at a fast pace and provides a lot of learning opportunity for someone who is curious and is willing to ask questions. Challenges to improve your skills and provide value to the company come often.

ConsMost of us are still figuring out how to adapt to significant changes in systems and processes; but we'll get there. Bureaucracy and a hierarchical structure can lead to frustration and unnecessary steps.

Neutral

I have been working at Black Hills Corporation full-time

Pros: Competent middle management...good opportunities for leadership development.... Cons: Seems to be significant disconnect from top to bottom...given size… Advice to Senior Management: Be cautious of sacrificing customer service for the bottom line... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lack of management experience and to many middle managers

Human Resource Business Partner (Former Employee)

I worked at Black Hills Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Benefits including health, vision, dental, and bonus Cons: There is no room for advancement Advice to Senior Management: Politicis based, not performace based No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Black Hills Corporation.

Worked for Black Hills Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Black Hills Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Black Hills Corporation CEO David R. Emery. All reviews posted anonymously by Black Hills Corporation employees.