Bob Evans
www.bobevans.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

Typical Restaurant

Host/Server (Former Employee)
Charleston, WV (US)

I worked at Bob Evans part-time for more than a year

ProsDepending on what managers you have, work can either be super fun or miserable. Like most restaurants, managers have basically free reign to do whatever they want. If you're lucky, you'll get a manager that is actually willing to work and help you out.

ConsIf you're NOT lucky, the managers can make the place a living hell. Lazy managers are commonplace here and will usually just watch by as you struggle to carry the ridiculous workload placed on you. Unfortunately, even if you do luck out and get a decent manager, corporate obnoxiously cycles them out every few months anyway so once again you'll be at the mercy of the luck of the draw.

Advice to Senior ManagementParticipate in the business; don't just expect the employees to do everything (including your jobs)

It was an easy work.

Server (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH (US)

I worked at Bob Evans part-time for less than a year

Pros: The hours were good there. Cons: It didn't get enough business. Advice to Senior Management: Get to know the employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

General Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bob Evans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Too few to even mention Cons: Never had weekends off. They expected way to much for… Advice to Senior Management: Ask your people in the trenches what can be done to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bob Evans.

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bob Evans reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bob Evans CEO Steve Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Bob Evans employees.