Body Shop
www.thebodyshop.com London, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

I love working for this company, however prepare for long hours

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Body Shop full-time for more than a year

ProsEncouraged to speak up and share ideas
Fantastic network of fellow managers for support and spirit-lifting!
Beautiful products, customer engagement and shop floor environment

ConsA lot is demanded from managers and assistant managers. You'll either embrace it (expected to 'run' your business rather than turn up and set up, close down and go) or you'll buckle.
Long hours - expectation is to be present and work at least 30 minutes before and after you're rota'd (and therefore paid) for every day but this is often more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic about the working hours required of managers/assistant managers and reflect that in the weekly scheduling if you cannot reflect it in pay.

the employee experience is out of sync with the values and mission the company was built upon.

District Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Body Shop full-time for more than a year

Pros: The salary at the District Sales Manager level was excellent. Cons: The upper management (Regional Manager and above) was out of sync with the core values the company… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your people, listen, live the values internally, investigate… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A lot of lip service paid to "career development", but it never happens.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Body Shop part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: My co-workers were nice and I made some good friends… Cons: Pay rates are deplorably low. They talk a big game about "career development", but the people who don't quit after a week end up working… Advice to Senior Management: There is nothing in place to mitigate the confounding variables that affect employees' sales statistics. If performance reviews (and, thus, wages) are going to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Body Shop.

Worked for Body Shop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Body Shop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Body Shop CEO Sophie Gasperment. All reviews posted anonymously by Body Shop employees.