There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

network engineer

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL (US)
Former Employee - Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL (US)

I worked at Boeing

Pros

good pay, bennies, further education

Cons

beurocratic, cliquey. too much game playing

listen to your employees for ways to streamline operations and cut costs. an incentive plan for money saving ideas would be good

2109 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

Overall a Good Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Boeing is pretty good company to work for. The pay is pretty fair, the work/life balance is pretty fair, and the benefits are pretty good. There are a lot of opportunities to learn. The managers appreciate hard workers and competence. Overall it's a great place to get your foot in the door and take advantage of all the learning opportunities.

Cons

Overall the company as a whole does not value talent. The executives have an attitude that everyone is disposable. It's definitely not the place to stay long though if you are ambitious.

Don't take your employees for granted and learn how to recognize and value talent. Do what is necessary to retain talent.

BCA - Not so bad

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA (US)

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Boeing has been good to me - I hired on 22 years ago as a flight line mechanic, transferred to planning and then to engineering and finally to project and program management. Their learning together program and tuition reimbursement paid for me to finish my BSBA, and is paying for my Masters degree. They also allow me to take webinars to maintain PDU's for my PMP. Their on-hour training earned me a Masters Certificate from Stevens Institute in PM, and an advanced certificate in PM from Stanford. That training also prepared me to sit for, take and pass the PMP exam. Pay growth has been steady at 3-5% annually. Special recognition is available for high performers.

Cons

Some managers are uptight, rigid and pains in the arse. Some would not get a brain fire put out with excess urinary content. Others - I'd follow to hell and back. Poor managers reflect biases in annual raises and stifle pay growth. HR and Ethics office more interested in protecting status quo than righting wrongs. Peter principle is in effect and Boeing is the birthplace for this phenomenon. Senior McD managers have pillaged the company and there is a war between old BA and McD management raging leaving the workers in disarray trying to design, build and deliver the best airplanes in the world.

Get real - dump the dead beats - look in the mirror, grow a pair, and start treating the people right. Work at righting wrongs and quit letting your short man syndrome (Amsleberry, Marshmellow) effect your ability to reward competent workers. Walk the effing talk or get the H out already - we have no room for you dead arses anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing