Boom Marketing

www.boommarketingsd.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Boom Marketing

Under-promote, Over Deliver

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA (US)
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I wake up earlier than everyone else in the morning because of the team environment, proven excellence, massive growth potential and minimal boring desk tasks.

Cons

You have to work hard for your rewards with this company. They are there but only for those who are willing to bring their best selves everyday for the client. This is the secret to our projected growth in 2013.

Keep your foot on the gas.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Boom Marketing (View Most Recent)

Slave away for pennies and empty promises.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Boom Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meet a lot of younger people.
    Self reliant and control your own work pace.
    New job venue week to week.
    Learning new sales techniques that work.
    Fellow employees are all awesome.

Cons

- $8 /hr
    - sketchy paychecks (if you do a google search about "the smart circle," this seems to be a theme).
    - the schedule is all over the place, you don't know when you'll work until that day.

The list is endless so i'll save you some time and just search "the smart circle" and the plentiful complaints about the company are generally true. I did this when i first started and questioned the company from day 1. I also thought "man, these people just complained because they didn't want to work hard." However as time when on... a lot of the things the company told us wasn't necessarily true.

Dancer = stripper
    Direct marketing = Sales (they tell you they are looking for managers but in the end, numbers are what dictates how fast or successful you will be).

There are more in depth analysis of Smart Circle's companies out there and are easy to find but if you type in google "the smart circle, the first suggestion follows with "pyramid scheme," then the first 3 website available are www.glassdoor.co.in, ripoff report and complaints board... and not even their own website... some red flags should come about.

My biggest gripe about this company is people not being straight forward about things. This is something i've learned... it is sales and even though they tell you otherwise... if you can sell? You will do fantastic. However... you have to remember that whoever is above you... they're there because they are good at sales... being good at sales means being good at influencing others to believe and trust what you are saying. The people at the top are very good at manipulating words to get you to believe what they want you to see.

This type of company does not need to exist very long to make money... if they can go 8 months, that is an accomplishment. Then the company tanks, they rename it to some other name and do it all over again filling young naive college graduate's with empty promises and rinse and repeat.

Just be more direct with the job.

There are newer employer reviews for Boom Marketing