I have very little bad to say about Booz Allen. I have very high quality colleagues and challenging work.

Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Quality people
Challenging and meaningful work
High-integrity culture
Focus on people development through training and tuition reimbursement
Work-life balance
Executive leadership is always adjusting to the landscape and ensuring the health of the business. I believe that we have real adults in leadership in the Firm.
The bi-annual people survey is actually used to make changes that improve the work conditions for employees.

Cons

I personally do not like the fact that as one becomes more senior they are required to market. It is just not my preference.

More flexibility to take a technical or project management track only without an emphasis on business development.

Other Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Best consulting firm in the federal space for employees

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wide spectrum of career opportunities, generally positive and supportive of staff, best financial position among competitors

Cons

Federal consulting is in for a rough road in the coming years, lots of uncertainty, generous benefits are being cut to become just average

Don't think a 3-5 year downturn should permanently impact the benefits... make sure you position the constraints of today as just that, and not what you are planning on the firm being beyond that timeline

Great place for an ambitious go-getter

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA (US)

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great place for self-motivated and ambitious people. Lots of different fields of expertise and a variety of opportunities. Great benefits and excellent utilization of technology to make your job easier. I loved their hoteling office system, remote access computing, and internal facebook.

Cons

Relatively high turnover. It can take a long time to get a promotion, and moving to a new assignment can sometimes take even longer.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!