Boston Market

www.bostonmarket.com
  www.bostonmarket.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market

A fine place to work

Former Employee - Catering Driver in Philadelphia, PA (US)
Former Employee - Catering Driver in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Boston Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as a catering driver and was one of two at my location. Decent money for the hours spent, and I never felt too stressed. Changes in the law affecting how doctors spend threatened to take a big bite out of business - I don't know how all that has played out. Would recommend this as a good part time job.

Cons

Not enough business at some locations to make this a full time position.

143 Other Employee Reviews for Boston Market (View Most Recent)

Terrible, disorganized, and indifferent to employees.

Former Employee - Carver in Chandler, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Carver in Chandler, AZ (US)

I worked at Boston Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-The food is actually delicious. (when it fresh) trust me after an hour of sitting most of the food turns inedible.
    -Most of the employees are younger like me (18) so I liked most of my co-workers
    -50% off of food. this is good because they are EXPENSIVE for fast food

Cons

-Terrible hours unless you kiss managements ass
    -Management is HIGHLY disorganized and inexperienced
    -Stupid customers
    -70% of the customers at my store were the elderly
    -The pay DEFINITELY does not compensate the stress, labor, and overall experience as an employee there.
    -In the short time i was there, employees were coming in and out every week. I am not kidding around 7-8 people quit/left.
    -Menu items are constantly being changed in the way you have to make them, like every 2 weeks.
    -The people who open and do morning shift dont care about the guy (me) who has to come in the afternoon to do the same job, only to come into a horrible mess of my workstation, and my workstation also has to be pretty much fully stocked because they used up everything and didnt restock before they left.
    -Closing can be really annoying and stressful.
    -Call in orders that are ENORMOUS and have to made in like 5 mins. especially salads for catering orders
    -Way too much of a small space to be working the way you have to work. especially when other employees are trying to get through where I am working ever 3 seconds.
    -When I have to clean the ovens (which is a nightmare about 25% of the time) sometimes noone will cover my station so I am cleaning a dirty ass oven with toxic cleaning materials so every 5 secs I am washing my hands making food going back to oven, etc.
    -Picking chicken at the end of the day is the most stupid, menial, repetitive, time wasting, joke of responsibility that should be EVERYONES responsibility and not just the carvers. If I have to pick less than 4 chickens im fine. But I have had nights where the ignorant managers loaded way too much chicken and we had an excess of 30 chickens to pick which to like 3 hours.
    -Drive thru makes several orders appear out of nowhere combined with the people ordering inside can lead to a 10 second clusterf@ck.
    -WAY too many closing responsibility for carver
    -every day you go home in this greasy layer of filth that douses your entire body with awfulness. The first thing I did every day when I got home was strip naked and make a bee line towards the shower because If I had to sleep in that, I am afraid I would basically become fossilized overnight.

-let the carver decide how much chicken to load
    -help the carver/others when they are obviously really stressed and backed up
    -hire managers with experience. not girls that are 19-25 years old.
    -actually give employees positive feed back instead of just assigning them more work
    - dont tell someone to do a job that you should do because you are lazy
    -They are on their phone/in the office 50% of the time
    -Stop locking gloves and cleaning supplies in office.
    -Let people take home the leftover food at the end of the day instead of throwing it all out. There really is NO EXCUSE for throwing away a bunch of good food.

Do NOT work at Boston Market

Current Employee - Carver, Handler, Server, Utility in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Carver, Handler, Server, Utility in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Boston Market part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with and meeting the people is the best and worst part of the job. Cant think of anything else good to say :/.

Cons

Lots of work for low pay. Work schedule and hours never steady from one week to the next. They dont pay time and a half on holidays. Everybody works on Thanksgiving. Equipment not fixed for sometimes 3 months or longer They reuse some of the food in the morning that wasn't sold the night before. General Manager is illogical. A fat person isn't a suitable candidate for the backup position. I've worked here for over eight years and the company keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. People calling off all the time which makes the other people work harder. This job isn't even good for students.

Focus on keeping your employees happy first. The employees are the ones that keep the customers happy. Nonhappy employees equals nonhappy customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market