Boulder Community Hospital
www.bch.org Boulder , CO

Boulder Community Hospital is a non-profit organization: Pros and Cons

Boulder, CO (US)

I have been working at Boulder Community Hospital full-time for less than a year

ProsI love that BCH is a smaller, community oriented hospital and still offers exceptional health care. Having a smaller staff allows you to really get to know your coworkers and makes for a very friendly work environment. Also, we have the opportunity to help those in our community that may not have insurance or access to health education, as we do not turn away our patients.

ConsAs a non-profit organization money can be tight. There are a lot of instances where our programs have been struggling due to lack of resources. We have been on a hiring freeze recently, when a lot of our departments actually need additional staff. Equipment may be outdated or in need of repair.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe department I work in has a director that oversees two other departments, and my manager works in a different department. It is hard to get major issues resolved when we have no one to report to. I love the dynamic of our team, but when a crisis comes up we have nothing to stand on. Perhaps micromanagement may be the way to go in some situations.

Friendly Community work environment, but very little room for job growth.

I have been working at Boulder Community Hospital

Pros: Has some great perks and benefites such as free bus… Cons: No really ladder for job growth and development. Advice to Senior Management: Better leadership and organizational structure More

BCH

Patient Account Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Boulder Community Hospital

Pros: Very family friendly, decent benefits Cons: Payrate is not equal to other area businesses Advice to Senior Management: Communication is key No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Boulder Community Hospital.

Worked for Boulder Community Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boulder Community Hospital reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Boulder Community Hospital employees.