Brailsford & Dunlavey

www.programmanagers.com

B&D is a great place for experience, resume and exposure

Project Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsB&D is a great place to work in that there is less stratification between employment levels here than anywhere else that I have ever worked. Additionally, the company provides more exposure for its employees than almost any job that I have heard of. Even recently hired employees are interfacing with college and university presidents, CFOs, provosts, directors of housing/recreation, owners, etc. B&D has emerged as one of the leaders in the consulting and program management for higher education institutions, giving immediate legitimacy as soon as you begin working. There is a great society of sharing information and working together to solve complex problems. There is no barrier to walking into the President's or CEO's office and asking questions about how the company is run, or why a particular decision has been made.

ConsB&D is viewed by many as a "sink-or-swim" business model. The demand on people to constantly think critically puts its employees in a position that most are not used to. I personally do not see this as a downside, but many do. One downside is that the salaries are not very competitive when broken down into hourly rates (because the hours are relatively long), but there is always potential for bonuses. Bonuses are distributed quarterly, which is nice, but are always later than promised. Bonuses also range anywhere from 10% to 70% of the base salary, but are not guaranteed. Another drawback is that some of the Project Executives are more involved than others in directing its employees and providing feedback on work. Those working for one executive may have a completely different experience than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruiting from more varied places will provide you the ability to expand more effectively. Go out and find the best and brightest. Do more work at the premiere colleges and universities in the country and your payback will be more than worth it. The smarter and more apt to critically think, the better the employee is. Let the college admission process do most of the legwork for you. You have a better chance of finding a good employee from a great school than finding the diamond in the rough from a mediocre college.

Good Company, Great for career builder, don't make this place home

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Brailsford & Dunlavey

Pros: Excellent working environment, great people, attractive facilities. Cons: President and CEO do well inspiring, the next level of management… Advice to Senior Management: Hire better No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Solid company with a lot of upside. Hindered by exceedingly corporate culture that blocks the creative process.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Brailsford & Dunlavey full-time for more than a year

Pros: Solid company with a lot of upside. Cons: indered by exceedingly corporate culture that blocks the creative process. – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Brailsford & Dunlavey.

Worked for Brailsford & Dunlavey? Contribute to the Community!