There are newer employer reviews for Brinker

It's Fajita's and Rita's

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

The restaurant business is what you make of it. The great thing about being a manager is that you only need to be self motivated to achieve results on a daily basis. That being said, you need to know when and how to pat yourself on the back for a job well done, and motivate others to follow you. People think, 'How hard can it be?'. Trust me, you don't want to enter this environment with little or no knowledge about the industry.

Cons

Productivity is the key word… while commodity prices continue to go up, instead of passing the cost on to the consumer, Brinker has decided it would be better to do more with less. At some point being productive will break those that are working for you.

Brinker's Board should decided how to deal with Doug as the ultimate leader of this business. We have been through everyone else, but there sits Doug on his throne. The untouchable king. I know that Norman hand picked the guy, but I believe there is more talented leaders in our industry, that could take Brinker forward quicker. Look how long it has taken Brinker to decide to dump the BRS and got to Aloha… and we can't even do that right...

84 Other Employee Reviews for Brinker (View Most Recent)

Transitional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Brinker

Pros

large company with growth opportunities

Cons

Inconsistent leadership
    Inconsistent policies and procedures at store level

Empower managers and team members be to engaged in the direction of the company

high pressure

Current Employee - Market Manager
    Current Employee - Market Manager

I have been working at Brinker

Pros

the people and the culture make this company a reat place to work all of the time. Flexibility in roles

Cons

When times are tough, unfortunately the restaurant busy suffers and scrambles to stay afloat. That is the case with Brinker

Please listen to the folks that work in the restaurants every day. Try promoting from within and providing career counseling

There are newer employer reviews for Brinker

Worked for Brinker? Contribute to the Community!