A Case of Lost Identity

Former Employee - Purchasing  in  Trenton, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Purchasing in Trenton, NJ (US)

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are nice.
Good place to learn

Cons

Conflicting, changing direction from upper management. Lack of Systems and departments that dont communicate. the company is confused as to what they want Burlington to Represent to the consumer.
Lack of integration between the "Old" ways and "New" way. Favoritism

Determine identity, formulate a detailed plan, communicate it to all levels.
Be realistic

Other Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Reenergized Career

Current Employee - Executive Level Associate  in  Burlington, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Level Associate in Burlington, NJ (US)

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive work environment. Company is striving to become an employer of choice. Professionals from many different companies are hired based upon not only experience and past success, but also personality and character traits that match the organizational goals and objectives, and core values of Burlington. Wide open door policy. Opportunity for growth here is immense. The teams the thing!

Cons

It is a good con to have, but...there is a lot of change going on at Burlington. So, there is a lot of disruption and plans may change often. The field management teams are settling in, but consistency between regions/territory should be improved and accountabilities made stronger. Other than that, this company is one of the best things to happen to my career.

Continue to drive operational consistensies to the corporate and field teams. Hold all managers accountable in their evaluations not only for sales, but for training requirements, operational metrics, loss prevention performance, health and safety, and even turnover, Also, I would advise slowing down a bit with new initiatives until we can get the current ones inplemented and settled. Otherwise, great job leading our company!

it only gets worse

Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation  in  Burlington, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation in Burlington, NJ (US)

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, health insurance is a little expensive. 401k, plus 4 weeks vacation after 10 years.

Cons

I get no time with my family. All my time is spent at work, and traveling. There are times when i am gone (between work and travel time) 16 hours a day. None of my personal responsibilities are ever considered. Job descriptions change on a moments notice. Lay-offs are often and you are always fearful of losing your job. There are good positions within the company, however mine is not one of them and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. My life has been put on hold for this company and there are few individuals who actually appreciate the hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory.

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!