There are newer employer reviews for CBRE

CBRE, but assigned to contract at telecomm company

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)

I have been working at CBRE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong player in the global real estate market. Has a strategy for growth that includes multiple disciplines within the real estate sector, such as facilities, project management, critical facilities, along with their traditional brokerage line. CBRE has a strong commitment to training and developing talent from within.

Cons

The contract aspect creates an isolation from many of the benefits you would normally receive. For instance, training is sometimes withheld on global accounts. Although there are opportunities for movement in different markets, the move packages are very weak. Being on an account can isolate talent from the CBRE leadership.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for talent identification and interaction with those team members on dedicated accounts. Realize the special challenges they face in trying to deal with two corporate structures, and don't create another online tool to replace personal communication. Break down the vertical reporting, so more than one person analyzes high potential candidates. Continue the great programs currently in place, such as foundations training and Q center courses.

reviews filtered by
  1. Helpful training and leadership, fast growing fun environment.

I worked at CBRE

Pros

I got along very well with my superiors. My team was efficiently led and there was good recognition for work well done.

Cons

There are more opportunities for collaboration within the team environment--my experience was limited in the number of people i worked with every day. a little boring.

2. Mutually Beneficial Internship

Current Intern - Intern in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Intern - Intern in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at CBRE as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

My internship with CBRE had me concentrating on one core project that could be completed within my internship period. That said, I was able to work on secondary projects and to explore other interests within the company. The management was great and cared not just about my work outputs, but also about my career development and success.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about CBRE. As long as there are job opportunities available when my internship closes, I'd be happy to continue working with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for CBRE