CENTRA (Massachusetts)

www.centratechnology.com
  www.centratechnology.com
There are newer employer reviews for CENTRA (Massachusetts)

Limited contact offsite, but I really like the company.

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Trust: Basically I'm trusted to do what I need to do onsite to do my job-- very low management interference. This is huge to me.
- Low bureaucracy: because it's a medium sized company, there are forms and procedures for some things but it's pretty low-key. I really appreciate the low impact on my time.
- Good work/life balance: I know some people work really hard, but they're mostly driven by their own passion. I've never been asked to sacrifice my personal time or family life.
- Compensation/Benefits: I really don't have much to compare, but I feel very well compensated. My health insurance is the best I've ever had in my life-- I pay nothing.

Cons

- Your experience may differ, depending on location. I have no awareness of any B.S. or petty infighting, but I'm also thousands of miles away from HQ.
- Hard for me to really know about the management culture, since I'm not involved day to day.

Keep the low-BS, low-bureaucracy feel. Stay small and nimble. Focus on being the go-to people for a few select areas, rather than succumbing to the trend to be everything to everyone.

6 Other Employee Reviews for CENTRA (Massachusetts) (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts)

Pros

Wide vareity of challenges; great people; with the right manager, there is no limit to your advancement potential.

Cons

When you ask permission to do something at CENTRA, there are two answers you will never receive: "No," and "we have a procedure for that." This is not the place for people who need structure and hand-holding.

Great place for retiring government analysts; not so much for starting a career

Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts)

Pros

Collegial working environment, good work/life balance

Cons

No training, poor supervision and career prospects for analysts

Better career development guideline

There are newer employer reviews for CENTRA (Massachusetts)