CVS Caremark

www.cvscaremark.com

CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees.

Retail Shift (Current Employee)

ProsThey always have openings in the stores. They give employees good discounts on merchandise. They have loyal customers who know how to work the sales and rewards each week.

ConsEmployees are low paid, even for retail. Even if you try for advancement, the pay does not increase with the responsibilities. At store level, you will scrub bathrooms, vaccuum, stock merchandise, cashier, constantly run in circles, for just above minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to retain and grow employees, watch those that put in the above and beyond performance, then help them to grow into their potential. That employee will be as strong an asset as your customers. Pay them a decent living wage, to motivate them to want to stay within the company. You will always have turn over, but the "cream will rise to the top" and represent CVS the very best. Remember, it sometimes cost $$ on the front end, but will reward and return your investment for a long time to come.

Innovative health care company with great leadership and advancement opportunities

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for less than a year

Pros: Innovative in nature, career development opportunities, stable company Cons: benefits could be improved such as gym memberships, increased medical… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Both good and bad

Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at CVS Caremark part-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice people. Always busy because managers give you something to… Cons: I've been a cashier for about a year and a half. If I hadn't of left my old store to have my baby I wouldn't… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more cashier's so I can actually see and spend time with my baby and my family on the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!