CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
  www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

It's a great place to work

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Every area u learn you get a pay increase

Cons

I havent found any cons

3354 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Easy, fun and full of possibilities

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Macomb, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Macomb, MI (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very easy to learn, good training system, opportunities for growth, always new challenges to face and learn from. It's easy to transition to a leadership role quickly.

Cons

The pay isn't outstanding, neither are the raises. Must be open to working any/all holidays, nights and weekends. People with seniority usually get the better, more sought after hours. Not enough hours given to high volume stores which makes it hard to get work done and also provide good customer service.

We need more hours to operate and function properly. Sales are supposed to be used as a model for building hours for each store, yet the hours given to stores do not reflect that model in any way. Our store barely functions on 220 hours per week, wheras a store making half of our sales gets 218 hours to work with. We can barely get our daily work done, not including planograms, checking in vendors, and setting seasonal. It's almost impossible to get any work done on time with the little hours we are given to work with. We are only able to have one cashier and one manager on duty per shift. For a busy store, that makes it very hard and at times impossible for the manager to get all of the floor work/office work done when they are constantly being called up to ring. The customers are also affected by this. We cant give them the attention they deserve because were scrambling to get everything done. If we get an SOS visit (corporate, 'Stores Own Sales'), and they wonder why our SSS score is so low, this is why.

Great stable company to work with many career opportunities

Current Employee - Lead Applications Architect in Woonsocket, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Lead Applications Architect in Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Been with CVS/Carmemark over 10 years it has been a great experience. Over those years been promoted 4 times. People here genuinely care about one another. Like any job there are hectic times, politics, and budgets to deal with. Overall though being with a company that has grown so much in the past 10 years and having the opportunity to move around and grow my career has been well worth it.

Cons

As a large company there is a lot of bureaucracy so getting this done takes quite a while. The salaries have historically been on the low end but their is an effort underwhy to rectify this situation. If you are looking to go back to school or get an advanced degree at night tuition reimbursement here is abysmal.

Need to improve professional development as a whole, is seriously lacking compared to our competitors.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health