There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Could be worse

Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician in Livonia, MI (US)
Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician in Livonia, MI (US)

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The managers at my particular location were pretty laid back, the district manager was also very nice. Requesting time off was very easy and it was easy to get hours

Cons

Depending on when truck showed up, it was manatory to work on that day. Which was a friday night for my store. Customers cheated the system all of the time and there was nothing we could do about it.

Advice to Management

Stop letting customers cheat and pay your employees more.

reviews filtered by
  1. I have been a store manager for thee years

Current Employee - Store Manager in Bayside, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Bayside, NY (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There always looking for new and innovative ways of running there business.

Cons

changing programs an operations with out training employees correctly, because there is no play roll for training.

Advice to Management

Need more pay roll

Getting the experience I want, at an unpleasant cost.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Co-workers and regular customers here are amazing

-Job security is nice. Would have to mess up big time. (Not making all "patient outreach calls" however, is considered messing up big time - even if there's 120+)

-Job experience is nice as well. As a future pharmacist-to-be, I'm racking up experience and have seen the good, the bad, and the plain evil of corporate run pharmacies.

Cons

-Hours cut in the middle of week to meet budget and upper level management surprised when we're not doing so well. Can be very strict on hours (I've been "written up" for going over 5 minutes one week)

-Requires a lot of dedication with no real benefits for the dedication

-No competitive pay, and both wage and raises are static. No raise or compensation for certification. No assistance in maintaining CPhT status, or renewal of license. You pay to work for them.

-In both stores I've worked, there is "full service" (Pick up & Drop Off) in 2 drive-thru lanes - with 1 employee working them both and only 1 register. New "We-Care" system in second lane requires multiple back and forth trips of the tube while Lane 1 can be done much easier

-Little respect for employees from upper management. The customer is always right, even if its their fault. (ex: phoned in wrong medicine to be refilled)

-Numbers,numbers,numbers. On weekends, patients must be called to prompt them to fill old prescriptions. Every prescription is timed, and must be filled before said time or it counts against your execution "score." From when a patient calls the store to when you answer is timed. When a patient pulls into the drive-thru to when an employee pushes the button on the phone (not when the employee is actually at the window, you must still push the button if you are right there anyways) is timed.

-Customer-based "scoring." Customers are constantly given the opportunity to "score" how well your performance was in helping them. This is a good idea. However, CVS has RickyBobby syndrome. When you are scored from 0-5 (0 bad, 5 excellent), anything from 0-4 gets defaulted to a 0. ONLY 5's count. If you ain't first, you're last.

-High stress environment. Even when customers are nice, it is stressful with 10+ people waiting around the pharmacy, some watching your every move. Out of our 5 full time techs, 3 have a prescription for a nerve pill.

-In my state, we often work illegally. The state board of pharmacy states the pharmacist/tech ratio should be 1:2. The worst I've ever seen is 7 techs to 1 pharmacist.

Advice to Management

After seeing some of the numbers, I know more hours should be available. Spend less on advertising "15 minutes or less" and give stores more hours to actually just do it. No reason why a store making $76,000 profit in 1 month should have long wait times and low ratings due to skeleton staffing.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health