There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Innovative health care company with great leadership and advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Woonsocket, RI (US)
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Innovative in nature, career development opportunities, stable company

Cons

benefits could be improved such as gym memberships, increased medical coverage by the employer

3190 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Both good and bad

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people. Always busy because managers give you something to do. Good discounts. Love the extra bucks and coupons.

Cons

I've been a cashier for about a year and a half. If I hadn't of left my old store to have my baby I wouldn't been promoted to a shift. sometimes I wish I would of stayed at my old store because my new store the manager is very uptight about everything. Not saying it's really a bad thing but they have told me if I didn't get enough e-mails responses then they were going to put me on probation... WHAT?! Also the hours are crap. Since I've worked at this new store I have only ever had one weekend off and its only because I requested off for my baby's Baptist. I don't know if it's true but I heard cashier's aren't even suppose to have a whole weekend off.

Hire more cashier's so I can actually see and spend time with my baby and my family on the weekends. I'm not asking every weekend but it seems like the same people get weekends off. Goodbye social life!!!

Overworked, Underpaid; Over-stressed, Underappreciated.

Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Thompsonville, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Thompsonville, CT (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employee discount, health insurance to both part-timers and full-timers,(though for part-timers it is a "limited benefits medical plan") many CVS's in close proximity eliminates long commute time, a wide array of learning experiences, many "regular" customers make it a feel-good atmosphere.

Cons

Favoritism, I.E., certain employees always get weekends or set schedules, whereas others are expected to work a lot of closing-to-open shifts; management not cross-trained in photo;in my district the first ringer is responsible for ringing customers, answering phones, processing damages, and handling photo orders while being positioned on the register furthest from photo lab; too many quotas for e-mail collection and upsell products for cashiers; ruthless store manager who will cut employees down in front of customers; a lot of favortism between select underlings and select supervisors which make it uncomfortable for those not-so-favored but still work their rear-ends off; instability with scheduling (never know what your days off will be week to week); IMPOSSIBLE to attend college part-time if you work full-time and your schedule depends on your ability to have "open" availability for your manager to give you enough hours to keep you full-time but based on his needs; eliminated management numbers to head cashiers; put you in the same job every day, (I.E., if you're ringing...that's ALL YOU EVER DO...PERIOD.) unreasonable work expectations, I.E, not enough people on to get all the tasks done; crappy pay and crappy raises!

Ignore your "numbers" for a moment and look at the big picture--are your employees really being treated fairly based on their actual performance or how much they kiss up to their supervisors?

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health