CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
  www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CVS was a good starting point in my pharmacy career

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX (US)
Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at CVS Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-you can work at multiple stores, meaning more hours for you
-for the most part, friendly coworkers
-they dumped me in a busy environment, i learn faster this way
-sufficient training, i had no experience
-Overall, its an excellent company, with good oppurtunies

Cons

-i got fired, no warning, for allowing my uncle to use my discount card for his baby grandson's otc med. which is fair and all, but what the f*ck.
-the infinite hours i mentioned? Pharmacists from all over like to call you at all hours to come in for a few hours
-wearing a shirt and tie everyday under a lab coat got tedious, i like walgreen's scrubs
-all of the locations ive worked at were sweat shop like work
-stupid customers.

how about not worrying about the numbers for once, and actually give a d*mn about other peoples live's?

3354 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Life Consuming

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great job if you like doing everything yourself. Very high tech. Lots of info at your fingertips.

Cons

Tasks increase and hours decrease at an alarming rate. You are given just enough hours for basic levels of service on the registers. If you are in a low volume store the hours are just enough to have 2 people in the building at a time on the front store (mgr and cashier). If you don't stay on top of tasks you will fall behind real quick. You are constantly in a position of asking yourself, do I stay longer or do I work on my 'day off' to stay on top of things or do I fall behind and work even more next week to catch up. On top of it all you are expected to baby the Rx staff. If you don't have a good staff in the pharmacy it will make your life more of a hell than it already is. Be ready to be micro managed like never before.

They know what they are doing to their store managers and couldn't care less,its all about the shareholders.

this is the worse place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Warehouse in Lumberton, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Lumberton, NJ (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the pay for the job is a bit higher than some other places, and there is good movement within the company, including to other states. lots of diversity, and an on site chow hall. lots of voluntary overtime.

Cons

for the $20/hr, management expects you to work in somewhat unsafe conditions. you are pitted against a computer, and in my teens I lost, now the computer has gained speed and I've lost speed. basically, management has created an extremely hostile work environment for the employees, and has little concern for the employees welfare. management appears to have little concept how the systems operate, believing that a blink and nod, a nose twitch and presto, all is completed and on the road. only Jeanie and Samantha can do that. they are also in the" let's run cheap stage". cvs has had yearly surveys, yet are constantly surprised that the employees have low morale, and little concern for managements bonuses. very high turnover does not help matters. lots of mandatory overtime as well.

I know management does not care, but how about treating employees as employees, not slaves. after all, WE do the bull work, for as little pay as you feel you can get away with, while you collect the bonus. how was your steak dinner? my pot pie was just yummy.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health