CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
  www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CVS is making money for sure...good company to work for? Hmmmm!

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for close to ten years. I've been through several positions..from new store setup, store manager to district trainer. I learned a lot for sure...because CVS runs on a very tight payroll, and we have no choice but learn every aspect of business. It's a good thing! If you can run a CVS store, you should be able to run most of the retail stores.

Cons

As I've mentioned earlier, the company is making great deal of money and is very aggressive opening new stores. On the downside, none of those money come back to the employees..well, at least not at the store level. 2013 is the year I've decided that enough is enough. The corporate is really squeezing the grunts dry. We are asked to do much more with bare minimum annual raise($.20cents?! you kidding me!) They're in the mentality that if you don't want the job, somebody else would since the economy is bad. I gave my life to the company and turned the local business around, but I think it's time to move on.

3440 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

It's not management, it's slavery

Former Employee - Store Manager in Haddonfield, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Haddonfield, NJ (US)

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big picture, there are none. You can get as good or better benefits and salary anywhere in retail. What you can't get is the complete and total lack of respect.

Cons

Long and ridiculous hours. There were many days I went in at 3 AM to unload a truck and left at 10 PM because I had no assistant manager and not enough payroll hours to bring in a shift supervisor. It was just me and a part-time shift for years b/c they wouldn't let me hire another one. Corporate couldn't care less about the managers. They only care about the P&L. I was once so sick I called my DM to see if she could go cover my store. I was told to quit whining and get in there. One of my regular customers, who happens to be an MD, came in and was so angry that I was there as sick as I was that he called corporate. I got written up for that!

Take care of your managers. We are the ones on the front line taking care of your customers, your employees, and your bottom line. Work to build loyalty from us.

This company does not care about you.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely none, it will screw you over. Except some people you work with, that seriously is what make's it great, but we all collectively hate it.

Cons

-Hours
    -Management.
    -Corporate.
    -PAY!!!!
    -This company is nothing but a stepping stone.
    -Horrible values.
    -The company does not CARE about medicine.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health