There are newer employer reviews for Capita

Capita Education Resourcing as an employer

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Capita full-time for more than a year

Pros

My first recruitment role many moons ago was with Capita Education Resourcing. The support for someone coming into Recruitment for the first time was top notch and I was given all the tools I needed to grow my desk without being micro-managed. I left as I was offered a more senior role outside of the education sector and was loath to admit I secretly regretted my decision.

An opportunity became available recently to re-join the company and I was pleased to see that Capita Education Resourcing still have the same culture and work ethic that I remembered. Staff are made to feel valued and appreciated (and I'd forgotten how much I missed being brought breakfast every day - just one of the perks of the job).

The hours in education recruitment are long with a 7am - 7:15am start being the norm however staff are able to work shift patterns over the school holidays and with 31 days annual leave a year you soon catch up on rest.

The company are growing with new opportunities being created in-house regularly and new product offerings and its an exciting time to be working for Capita Education Resourcing. I'm very pleased to be back.

Cons

Although the commission scheme is good it can be confusing working it out. Commission is based on percentage of growth so consultants joining the company to develop a previously failing or new desk stand to earn as much as an established consultant. For a recruiter who is pretty rubbish at numbers though this isn't the easiest way to track what you're going to earn before your pay check comes through.

It would be great to see more desk-specific training offered over the summer hols. Perhaps Principle/Senior Consultants who have had success with their desks can lead Workshops?

192 Other Employee Reviews for Capita (View Most Recent)

Frustrating

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita full-time for less than a year

Pros

not time controlers not time controlers

Cons

there is not career progresion in the company, leadership, people is not prepared to do the job.

please review the company the managment, talk with the employees

under values employees, vast pay inequalities

Former Employee - Work Management Agent  in  Liverpool, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Work Management Agent in Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at Capita full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

usually fair with disciplinary matters, but often not willing to reward initiative unless very high end cost analysis can be submitted with proposal.

Cons

appraisals are not often conducted fairly and scores often not calculated according to written material, automated systems used to create final score does not often match written material. pay scales are often negotiated on a like for like basis in small departments and thus pay inequalities are rife.

There are newer employer reviews for Capita

Worked for Capita? Contribute to the Community!