Capita

www.capita.co.uk
  www.capita.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Capita

CER; genuine career progression and great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CER offers a huge amount of training, your manager, Regional Manager and senior consultants really take an intereste in developing you and your desk.
There is a week's induction which is challenging and helps you hit the ground running.
Capita is a huge name in the education market so it's very easy to get your foot in the door with clients.
The managers 'walk their talk' - they run desks as well as managing a team which means they understand the challenges you're facing.
The calibre of staff at CER is high so you get to work with first rate consultants who like to work hard and play hard.
Capita teaches you how to be the best at what you do and offers career progression - the MD started as a consultant!

Cons

Capita have very high expectations of their staff and certainly work them harder than other agencies I've worked for.
Capita is huge corporate group so you need to be happy in that sort of atmosphere.

Excellent training available.

216 Other Employee Reviews for Capita (View Most Recent)

Capita Education Resourcing as an employer

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Capita full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My first recruitment role many moons ago was with Capita Education Resourcing. The support for someone coming into Recruitment for the first time was top notch and I was given all the tools I needed to grow my desk without being micro-managed. I left as I was offered a more senior role outside of the education sector and was loath to admit I secretly regretted my decision.

An opportunity became available recently to re-join the company and I was pleased to see that Capita Education Resourcing still have the same culture and work ethic that I remembered. Staff are made to feel valued and appreciated (and I'd forgotten how much I missed being brought breakfast every day - just one of the perks of the job).

The hours in education recruitment are long with a 7am - 7:15am start being the norm however staff are able to work shift patterns over the school holidays and with 31 days annual leave a year you soon catch up on rest.

The company are growing with new opportunities being created in-house regularly and new product offerings and its an exciting time to be working for Capita Education Resourcing. I'm very pleased to be back.

Cons

Although the commission scheme is good it can be confusing working it out. Commission is based on percentage of growth so consultants joining the company to develop a previously failing or new desk stand to earn as much as an established consultant. For a recruiter who is pretty rubbish at numbers though this isn't the easiest way to track what you're going to earn before your pay check comes through.

It would be great to see more desk-specific training offered over the summer hols. Perhaps Principle/Senior Consultants who have had success with their desks can lead Workshops?

Frustrating

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

not time controlers not time controlers

Cons

there is not career progresion in the company, leadership, people is not prepared to do the job.

please review the company the managment, talk with the employees

There are newer employer reviews for Capita